Join United Methodists around the world as we come together to hoop our way to health!
Hulapalooza is a joyful celebration of healthy living centered on a hula-hoop theme. It can be adapted to fit the needs, schedule, missional focus and volunteer availability of any local church.
John Wesley was a strong proponent of preventive care and healthy living, so Methodism has a long history of engaging in ministry that supports mind, body and spirit.
The event is a great opportunity to:
- Build stronger bonds among congregants
- Reach out to people who are seeking connection with a faith community
- Provide everyone (all ages, abilities and backgrounds) a chance to fulfill a common need: to find fun ways to invest in their overall health
- Boost awareness and support of health-related missional opportunities and community needs
- Celebrate the health ministries that you already have, or help launch a new ministry
- Encourage greater appreciation for healthy living and the church’s role in supporting holistic well-being
There are many ways to host a Hulapalooza, and it is up to you to decide when you have it and how elaborate or simple you want it to be. Your event might involve worship, a Bible study, group hula-hooping competitions, arts and crafts, a health fair, music, games for kids, and more!
Explore a kit of free resources designed to assist church leaders in planning and hosting a Hulapalooza. Download the entire Hulapalooza leader’s kit or download individual files:
- Hulapalooza planning guide
- PowerPoint slides
- Poster – coming soon
- T-shirt artwork – coming soon
- Event graphic – coming soon
- Videos: How to Hoop and Body Prayer – coming soon
- Bible study – coming soon
- Social media posts & ideas – coming soon
- Press release template
- Suggested promotional messages (for internal and external audiences)
- How-to guides: hoop-making, hoop games, hoop art projects – coming soon
- Registration information (photo and medical release forms)
- Circle of Care Health Fair planning guide
- Well-Rounded Potluck recipes
- Post-event survey